Pairing Amps

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Pairing Amps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    clintbarton
    Participant

Hi,

I was watching the DVD that came with the Jan issue of Guitar World (where Joe talks about his amps). A couple things Joe said got me wondering- he was talking about pairing amps and how you need to find amps that work in phase and pair well together grounding wise etc. I’ve never had any experience yet with pairing amps so a couple questions: How does Joe (or anyone else) split the signal coming out of the guitar to two amps? I know there’s the Lehle 1@3 switcher, but how does the signal from that get split? Also, how does the signal get routed through the Silver Jubilee all the time when the signals split? What makes amps work in phase vs. out of phase? What’s up with the issue of grounding the amps- what makes both amps be grounded correctly to be used with eachother? How can you be shocked by pairing amps and how do you prevent it?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4110
    Creative video production service

Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Clint, I do not know the answer to this. But, in the past I have recorded guitar in the studio through multiple paired amps. And unless it’s done properly, the tone becomes overly complex. I much prefer 1 amp and taking the time to dial in the tone (taking into account the guitar and effects too). For reference, here is what I dialed in:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.