Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

@mac1984 – I got it from here – https://ukulelego.com/tab/interstellar-theme-ukulele/

BUT, the tabs on the site do not match the video, so I retabbed it based on what I saw and heard. I’ve attached my version.

mac1984
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll check it out

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Robin, Neptune’s Lullaby is hauntingly beautiful! Amazing entries of original music.

pennwarr

This is a piece I wrote for my daughter., simply called, “Caitlin’s Song”.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Fixed Video Link
    robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks Anne 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

@pennwarr – you might want to check that link. It isn’t working for me.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@pennwarr – Your video is set to private, can you make it public?

And thanks for the heads up Robin, I fixed her link 🙂

b_ukes_101

I have my video recorded I just need to upload probably will do so tomorrow. Had a couple little slip ups. Great job on all the submissions this month!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@pennwarr – I like your song, Penny! It’s got a very cute folksy sound to it 🙂

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMEBER

A couple of flukes here and there but overall I am pretty happy with this month’s submission. Good job to everyone else who submitted and huge congrats to all the people who wrote there own song. Look forward to seeing who wins!

lhamilton
    Participant

I’ve been working this month on Classical Etude —

Linda
    I am a premium member

rebeca
    Participant

Hi uke community! I´m amazed by everyone´s talent!

This is my first serious attempt of doing something original so please consider it as a first step. I´ve little idea of musical theory. I basically tried different things and saved those I found more pleasant. I also tried to give everything a sort of structure. I didn´t use any specific song as a reference but I´m sure I unconsciously took some element from tunes I´ve been playing or listening to.

kittycatlin
    Participant

I made a lot of mistakes..BUT my cats are cute lol

surfnrz

I simply love this composition by Andrew. So gorgeous. I had a little brain cramp at the end but I liked the rest of it so I kept the take. Very tricky in an soothing way though. Thanks Andrew!

marianne
    Participant

Hi everybody!

I am so glad the theme of this month is original music as I want to share with you a tune I composed for which I also wrote lyrics and created a harmony.

It is called ‘Even If’ and I wrote it this Summer for my brother and his then fiancee for their wedding day. We had lived through the terrible explosion that rocked and destroyed Beirut-Lebanon on August 4th, leaving a lot of people homeless and others injured or dead. My brother and his fiancee were in the vicinity of the explosion site and were thrown up in the air landing on debris, and it’s a miracle they survived and were able to celebrate during what was an intimate and emotional wedding ceremony with direct family members. So the message behind the song and uplifting tune is that: despite these tough times that Lebanon has been going through, be it the financial and political collapse, the explosion or the pandemic, love wins at all costs, and that’s what exists to keep them in good spirit and fight for life. I hope you enjoy it!

I am singing it and playing it with my sister (she’s on the guitar).

Thanks,
    Marianne

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.