People Are Strange

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons People Are Strange

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    raffarooni

Looking forward to getting stuck into this one.

I just had a question about the Em. I realised that I have learnt to play that not using my little finger and it’s ‘easier’ for me to slide my pointer finger to play this song.

Looking at how you play it Andrew (or anyonbe else) I can see how that’s more efficient. What’s your thoughts on me sticking to my way or the benefits of taking the time to learn your fingering?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’d recommend using it. There will be other chords/songs you’ll play that require a similar fingering, so think of it as adding a new capability to your playing repertoire.

raffarooni

Thanks Andrew. That definitely makes sense.

lisadmh
    Participant

Hey Andrew, is there something around here in using the thumb to mute the g string? I trying to get the build up on this song but failing terribly. You do it so well, but I can’t seem to grab it right. I might have a form problem.

As always, thank you!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

What part are you talking about, Lisa?

lisadmh
    Participant

Sorry. The build up, bars 19 thru 21, with a mute on the G. I can’t do all four strings, nor can I mute the G.

Andrew
    Keymaster

For that part, you want to hug the neck so that you can reach around with the thumb to lightly touch the G string to mute it.

lisadmh
    Participant

Yeah, that’s exactly what I can’t manage to do. I’ll keep trying. Super awkward.

lisadmh
    Participant

Would it be possible to get tabs that look just like the on screen tab viewer? There are quite a few differences and I’m getting confused.

I really hope this one is in the next challenge, ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sure, I can send it to you ๐Ÿ™‚

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Reviving this topic with a different question regarding the Song.

In the Variation of the Verse (23 and following), AJ does this neat thing in his performance where he picks the bass notes with his thumb and simultaneously uses his index to strum the high notes. I would very much like to do the same because I get a much brighter / clearer sound out of my strings that high up the neck if I do that instead of plucking them – I am having a little trouble with doing both at the same time though because these are two quite different motions from each other happening at the same time. Is there some kind of tip you can give me to get my head (and hand ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) around this?

Andy

EDIT: Forget what I said. I watched him again a few times and I see what he does now. I can apply some Out in the north knowledge here. The rest will be practice ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by sir_anzalot.
    anirbaf
    Participant

@sir_anzalot do you want to share what you’ve found? (:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.