Play-along doesnt work for all. Is this just me?

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Play-along doesnt work for all. Is this just me?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    platypusjen
    Participant

Hi. The play-along tabs don’t work for all lessons. Is this just my pc, or does anyone else find this. I am currently looking at lesson EP002 Harmonising C Major. (Just a beginner you see). It appears to work for some lessons, not all. It’s listed as if it should work ie there is tab play along video below the main lesson and I can see the tab there, but it doesn’t move automatically when I press that ‘tab play along’ video. It does work for EP001 Solo in G. Am I supposed to change my settings each time? Thanks.

rickeymike
    Participant

If you are not using the Chrome browser, do so. I tried both of those lessons and it works for me. I had the same problem a while back using Explorer. When I switched to Chrome, it worked fine. Andrew also has an instruction video on how to effectively use the tab play along but I can’t readily find it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

What browser & device are you using? If you are using IE, Rickey is correct. IE has been discontinued and websites will not function properly with it anymore. Please upgrade to Edge or give Google Chrome a shot. It’s a great browser!

edward
    Participant

I’m using a chromebook and it does not work for me. it used to ?

edward
    Participant

it works but not with the video,Dream a little Dream is the one I’m working on.

Andrew
    Keymaster

What browser are you using and can you share a screen-shot.

platypusjen
    Participant

I’m using Chrome. I’ve found a sort of answer. It takes 3 tries to load and start; someitmes I have to press the soundslice play button to get it to work, other times the smaller video.
    Unfortunately, the black (soundslice) strip at the bottom-which allows you to start the play along and also lets you adjust the speed etc, covers up the 4th line of the play along tab, the solo line. So I get the music notes and the tabs for the chords, but only the notes for the solo, the tabs are covered up by the soundslice options.
    No problem, it’s a good learning curve for me. I am enjoying this course very much. Thanks for your responses also. Much appreciated.

becky7777
    Participant

Jen- if your device lets you pinch the screen larger or smaller, you should be able to make the score inside the soundslice frame smaller independently of the main screen and it shows the tabs as they play.

Andrew
    Keymaster

So when you hit play, it doesn’t play… unless you hit it at least 3 times? Is that what’s happening?

platypusjen
    Participant

Yes Andrew, that is correct. 3 times to get it to play. It only happens with this (EP002), not any of the others I’ve looked at. (I’ve only looked at 4 or 5 so far)

Andrew
    Keymaster

Okay, that’s odd. Let me know if it happens on any other lessons. If so, I will contact the SS team to troubleshoot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.