Question about stock laptop mic, vs. VERY inexpensive pickup

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Question about stock laptop mic, vs. VERY inexpensive pickup

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

I was running out of time and ordered before I saw answers 🙁
    I ended up getting the: AXL Acoustic Guitar Transducer Pickup with 1/4 Jack and 9 Foot Cable and

Hosa GMP113 1/4 Inch Female To Mini 1/8 TS Male Mono Adaptor.

Plugs into the headphone/microphone usb adapter I already had. no amp needed but the adapters stick out dangerously far. It’s not super great but it works. I was scared to get the one with the red pickup because I wasn’t sure what else I would need to make it work with my laptop. The suction cup piezo is solid on my shiny smooth finish though. All mine does is pick up the sound my uke makes, and it does pick up hammer- ons and such better I would think.

@Anne – I thought your uke sounded great on your entry, loved the mask too! Strings from what I’ve gathered will make your ukulele sound a bit more mellow or brighter. The cheap strings that came on my uke are definitely not bright- or loud. I have no idea what the company puts on their ukuleles though. All i saw was “comes with new strings” lol.

If you guys play with the pickups, you can add effects with audicity free software to make it sound more like Evan’s and Tiamaine’s performance. I liked NCH but the free trial ended 🙁

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.