Saprano with many frets

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Saprano with many frets

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    amymeebuoy
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m a high-beginner/low-intermediate. I’m currently using a Luna mahogany soprano with 12 frets and would like to get a new one with more frets. I also have a Sawtooth pineapple with 15 frets that has been over by my daughter. 🙂 I like the soprano size because of … well, its size, and because I already have a hard case for it. What do you recommend? What are your thoughts on Ohana SK-14 soprano, Cordoba 15SM soprano, ADM, Donner, and Hola?

Thank you.
    Amy

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by amymeebuoy.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Amy, I usually refer everyone over to Mike at Uke Republic for help with choosing your next ukulele. He’ll know about all these different models and will definitely be able to help you. Tell him I sent ya! 🙂

amymeebuoy
    Participant

Andrew, thank you so much for your reply.

lisadmh
    Participant

I love my Islander MSS 4 soprano. Plenty of frets and on the low cost end for a solid mahogany uke. It sounds much better than laminate to me.

There’s so much to choose from. If you’ve got a store to visit and try them out, that’s great. Uke Blues Republic has videos for lots of them, which is great for all the dreaming I do. Happy uke shopping. 🙂

amymeebuoy
    Participant

I am considering one from Islander too, Islander M-4-HNS Mahogany Honu Soprano or MS-4. I have to limit my price range up to about $100.

andracass
    Participant

I have an Islander MSS4 too and love it and its 17 frets. Also MS-4 I think would be a good choice.

kanae926
    Participant

Amy, I just joined the community, so this thread is a few months old. I’m not sure if you found a soprano with more frets around the price range you mentioned, but I thought I’d throw this out there anyway in case you’re still looking. Kala KA-SLNG or Kala KA-15SLNG which is even more affordable.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by kanae926.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.