Slump or loss of Passion?

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Slump or loss of Passion?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

Feel free to read this, or not. It’s there if anyone decides to. Among a lot of things leading up to today when I began to answer a PM this morning, It caused me to step back and say:

Why AM I playing ukulele, and what exactly made me end up at RockClass101?

I spent the entire day evaluating and reflecting on my various failed attempts to play music in my life. When I literally typed in the last period and thought “It’s finished.” My friend called me, and relayed sad news.

I honestly was NOT going to share this, in the PM or here, but somehow I need to now. It was meant to be.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgmRN0Ys9KWSgYaW_tI8lxlTHbyz65ud/view?usp=sharing

rickeymike
    Participant

Becky, I took the time to read your blog (twice!). Hey, I’m going to vote for slump over passion. Been there. We’re all here to learn at our own pace and not anyone else’s. I’m actually struggling with the reading course and being able to post by end of month. But I’m determined to not look at the tabs for Ode. So If I don’t make it by the end of month, no problem. I’ll just continue on till I’ve got it. It was this time last year that my slump hit and I just quit for a couple of months, hey, but the passion returned. Hang in there, dear classmate.

Rickey

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Hi Becky7777. Thanks for sharing what you called “failed attempts to play music”. Bet if completely honest, we, your friends at Rock Class, have had quite a few failed attempts, as well. Some of mine include piano, drums, flute & now, giving my beautiful “Bella” (name I call my ukulele) my best efforts. Hang in there, Becky.

And thank you, rickeymike, for the many encouraging words you share & of course, many thanks to Andrew. He is giving us his all to teach us to play this wonderful instrument. Kudos on his teaching us to read music (not just tabs), to make rhythm as important as melody & harmony, & his encouraging us to play with feeling & passion.

Thank you, Becky, for sharing. By the way, you are quite the writer! Heartfelt & expressive your post. Love to all of you at RC101. Anne

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Becky, I finally got around to reading the whole post. I might have got a little bit of dust in my eye…

I love and am inspired by this post. It’s making me think about my own musical journey and wanted to learn more about others as well. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.