Sneak Peak! We're working on a NEW singing lesson!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Sneak Peak! We're working on a NEW singing lesson!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

A lot of you guys requested we do more singing AND playing lessons… so I’m excited to say that we are working on one for “Rockin’ Robin”! Here’s a sneak peak of my part ๐Ÿ™‚

This will be a full band jam! With @StephenCox on u-bass, my bud Chaz (who played on this song) on drums, and Katie from One Music School on vocals and rhythm uke!

View this post on Instagram

Writing my solo tonight for an upcoming lesson which features a bunch of my friends! So much fun ๐Ÿ˜ @onemusicschool @stephencoxmusic @chazchambers * #ukulele #rockinrobin #collab #ukuleletutorial #ukulelelessons #ukuleleteacher #jam #kanilea #rockclass101 #solo #michaeljackson #jackson5 #bobbyday #blues #bluessolo #ukesolo #ukelife #happy

A post shared by Rock Class 101 (@rockclass101) on

lisadmh
    Participant

Awesome preview. Gotta be honest, I groaned at the idea of singing lessons, but I should have known you wouldn’t do boring strum strum sing sing songs. This sounds like a blast even without the voice, for those of us who can’t carry a tune.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks, Lisa ๐Ÿ™‚ The rhythm part has some sweet triplet strums!

kanae926
    Participant

Holy cow, Andrew! That’s some fast playing. I guess you don’t call it Rock Class for nothin’. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Love Katie from One Music School! So cool that you’re collaborating. ๐Ÿ™‚

rickeymike
    Participant

Geezum! You did say there would be more beginner lessons, didn’t you? Haha. Love it!

Andrew
    Keymaster

lol, yes Rickey! I’m working on the reading course, which will be entirely beginner friendly and will have 5 performance tunes ๐Ÿ™‚ But, we are planning to have our Holiday songs at a much easier level this year too!

rickeymike
    Participant

Drew,

haha. Hey, I didn’t do too badly with Silent Night last year

lisadmh
    Participant

Speaking of holiday songs, any chance of songs that aren’t Christmas Carol like? You’ve got lots of those already. I’m one of many who don’t do traditional holidays and the hype is always over the top for us.

Something like this would be awesome, for those of us who don’t do December the same way as most. I usually go south ๐Ÿ™‚

In December drinking horchata / I’d look psychotic in a balaclava / Winter’s cold is too much to handle / Pincher crabs that pinch at your sandalsโ€ฆ

rickeymike
    Participant

Lisa, “No soup for you” LOL. just kiddin’.

lisadmh
    Participant

I’ll gladly take the horchata instead! Lol

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lisa, I’ll keep that in mind for next year, but both songs for this year’s holiday season have already been picked. They’ll be taught by other instructors as I’m trying to devote more time to finish the upcoming reading course. Fingers crossed, I’m shooting for a December release. We’ll see though, as I’m working on it, it’s becoming more detailed than I initially planned… which is a good thing!

mheiden
    Participant

I like the group jam; sounds cool! I can’t sing…or sing and play at the same time but I do like to hear someone else sing and be able to play along.

Also looking forward to the Low G lessons. So much to learn!

*I’ve been learning in bits…Jingle Bell Rock. I love the arrangement; it’s fun. I’d really like to have it down by the holidays. Looking forward to whatever comes out in December!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.