Workaround Found: Soundslice Cuts Out

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Workaround Found: Soundslice Cuts Out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    shelle
    Participant

Update:Work around for Soundslice cutting out on my laptop. Using my Bose headphones now and Soundslice seems to work fine. Weird but I can live with it.

I’m using soundsclice in the beginner area (ode to joy). It worked fine for about 10 minutes and then began to cut the audio when I wanted to focus in on the second and last set of tab. It runs but just silently. I have to refresh and it works. Then I try to focus on a couple of areas and the sound disappears. I’m using mac and safari and all my stuff is up to date. suggestions? I just went back in and I was able to focus on a set of measures with audio but when it went into a repeat mode (focus loop) the sound cut out.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by shelle.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by shelle.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Shelle, unfortunately I’m not able to recreate these issues using mac/safari. I’d be happy to contact Soundslice support to see if they have any suggestions. In the meantime, perhaps you can try using the player with a different browser? If it works fine there, it could help us pinpoint the issue. For example, it could be a browser add-on that is interfering with playback.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Just saw your update. Glad to hear it’s working now 🙂

lhamilton
    Participant

I still periodically have trouble with Soundslice dying while playing a loop on my iPad. It crashed actually tonight after working with it for a few minutes and I couldn’t get it back on either iPad. In one case, it just let out a single note. It’s not all that serious for me since I usually copy the piece I’m working on into Amazing Slowdowner. I’d prefer it didn’t freeze of course. I tried it with earbuds and that made no difference.

I like Soundslice very much for providing the sheetmusic for a piece and it never freezes while I’m doing that. I’m nearsighted and can’t read the numbers on the tablature pdfs provided with the lessons, so I set up Soundslice to have the tablature a bit bigger, bring it up into page view, then screengrab each page into an image which goes into the iPad photo area, and then select the photos and generate a single printable pdf which goes into my Forescore app.

Linda

shelle
    Participant

It sounds like you came up with a good workaround when the gremlins strike. Yesterday my Mac Air worked just fine for multiple loops. I think for me it is an interference from the multiple devices in the house. Hopefully I’ve got a few tricks to make it work for me. Thank you for the feedback. I ll check out Forescore. Thx

lhamilton
    Participant

Forscore is lovely! I’ve stored my sheetmusic in it for years. It also syncs across devices. I work through the lessons with my apple pen and Forscore, marking up what will help me learn the piece and then print. Having Forscore means I have all my sheetmusic available everywhere I go. It also lets me categorize the pieces in a number of ways. So when I want to find a Christmas or a clawhammer piece, I just pick that category and it shows me what I have.

Linda

shelle
    Participant

wow. That sounds really great. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.