Spanish Nights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ukeher
    Participant

Just a shout out to Evan and Andrew for this piece. The chord changes are ‘do-able’, the fingerings elegant, and yet this piece is very challenging for the nuances and variety of techniques employed. I can work on this piece for a long rime! Rock Class 101 is by far the most useful and engaging uke site out there! Thanks to you guys for all your hard work and inspiration!
    ME

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow, ME! Thank you so much for your kind words. We had a lot of fun on this one and I will send your message to Evan 🙂

evanjdesilva
    Participant

Wow, thanks so much! 😊 I hope you’ll have a great time learning this piece just as me and Teacher Drew did creating it.

ukeher
    Participant

So… still working on Spanish Nights (probably for the rest of my life…).
    I can play the tune, I have learned (but not masters) the techniques, but I despair of ever getting up to speed. So… today I had an idea. I uploaded my own recording to Anytune and dialed up the speed to 1.5x. So fun! It actually (sort of) sounds like the song!!! Ha. Hope.
    It also allows me to ‘hear’ my timing better ( because I can see it) and also see the tonal quality (?) of the notes I am playing (how loud they are relative to each other and sustain).
    So I offer this exercise as a fun way to look into my future for Spanish nights…
    try it with a song you are working on!
    Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.