Strumming Basics – claw

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Strumming Basics – claw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    connie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

With each unit, you are answering more and more questions that I’ve had. Thank you again! I’m working on Module 4 Unit 3, Strumming Basics. I strummed with just my index finger since the beginning. I’m excited to switch over to the claw and thumb methods. I noticed how much nicer the claw is to incorporate into fingerpicking in other members’ videos for the June Challenge. It was incredibly enlightening.

I’ve been working on the claw method for over a week. It is getting better, but I still catch the underside of my fingers’ nails every now and then on the up strum, instead of my thumb nail.

Any tips on subtle movements to correct this? Or is it just more time practicing?

Thanks in advance!
    Connie

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Connie,

Glad to hear that the beginner’s course is helping you 🙂 Can you post a video of you playing? I’ll be better able to help you if I can see what you are doing.

Cheers,

Andrew

connie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback on my July video. I’m seeing some improvements on my hand position, but I think I’ll be working on this for a bit. Video recording helps me stay mindful of it. I’m sure I revert a lot when I am just playing?

I realized one reasons why I do this. This awkward position actually feels nicer in the way the nails hit the strings, because they hit more straight on and less of an angle.

Thanks,
    Connie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.