Tabs Wanted – Jenny of Oldstones (GOT song)

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Tabs Wanted – Jenny of Oldstones (GOT song)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    suddardnotstuddard
    Participant

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place for this or if something like this is okay to post but I was wondering if anyone had a fingerstyle version of Jenny of Oldstone from Game of Thrones S8E2. Something along the lines as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHGhK3Rtzk but obviously for ukulele.

Thanks and I hope you all have an awesome day!

robinboyd
    Participant

Nope, but thanks for the link.

suddardnotstuddard
    Participant

Found this ukulele version of the song yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4SCiDVZrh4

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks again 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

I admit that I signed up to the first site so that I could get the guitar tabs and practice them on my guitarlele. It’s a bit above my level, but I’m having fun trying. I’m a bit confused by the time signature though. In his arrangement, the verses are in 6/8 and the chorus is in 4/4. His timing is so all over the place that I can’t count along with him anyway, but just humming the piece to myself, I’m pretty convinced that the whole thing should be in 4/4, just like the uke tab that you posted. This is doing my head in!

suddardnotstuddard
    Participant

No worries 🙂

Yeah I’ve been having a bit of trouble with the time signature as well. But it’s such a nice song I’ll keep pushing through for now lol. I’ve essentially gone back to watch the video over and over and just copy that. The tabs are now just helping with which notes to play.

Keep at it! We got this!

robinboyd
    Participant

Hey @suddardnotstuddard – Are you practicing the uke tabs or the guitar tabs? They have different time signatures, and I suspect the uke tabs are correct….

suddardnotstuddard
    Participant

I’m using the uke tabs so that’s lucky for me lol

robinboyd
    Participant

I could be wrong, though. Now I’m hearing it in 6/8. I think I’m going crazy!

robinboyd
    Participant

Update: I think I have a handle on the first bit. I haven’t attempted the change to 4/4 yet, though.

robinboyd
    Participant

So I’ve my head around the time signatures and I’m working on the artificial harmonics. This arrangement is actually kind of brilliant.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.