Triplets in People are Strange

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Triplets in People are Strange

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andyrose
    Participant

Wow! I just discovered this forum – so many useful questions and comments! So here’s my question; I hope it may be helpful for others as well:

Hi Andrew – In bars 19-22, do you have any tips on how to do the triplet strum on only the top three strings? I keep accidentally hitting the G string as well. Or if I’m concentrating on a shorter up-strum for the last note of the triplet, sometimes I stop too soon and don’t sound the C string. Should I try resting my thumb on the G string (after playing index-down, thumb-down) for the final index-up? Or keep thumb on G and strum down-up-down with index finger only? Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s my advice 🙂

andyrose
    Participant

Thank you so much, Andrew, for the patient and detailed explanation! You’ve convinced me – I’ll get to work on aiming the triplet strum at the top three strings, without awkwardly trying to mute the G.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

rickeymike
    Participant

A little something from the peanut gallery since I am not using the G string either: I practice aiming for between the C and E string because as long as I can hear the A string after the strum, it doesn’t matter too much if I sometimes miss the C string at the beginning of the strum. By aiming between the C and E, I have that better of a chance in not hitting the G (which sounds horrible unfretted)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.