Ukulele Strings

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Ukulele Strings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    artcrocker
    Participant

I just run across “Living Waters” ukulele strings and have found them to be amazing. I restrung a new Kamaka tenor with them and and found a beautiful improvement in the quality of its voice. The same when I put them on a carbon Enya concert.
    Wonder if anyone else has same experience?

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Changing strings often has that effect, yes 🙂
    Most Ukes are shipped with Aquila Nylgut strings and though there are some on which these work great, I am overall not a big fan of them. My first revelation were Worth strings which are also Fluorcarbons like the living water strings. Couldn’t believe the difference as it sounded like a whole new and better instrument. Generally Fluorcarbons result in a much brighter tone than the Nylgut ones which I think really compliments many Ukes. I have found that the size of the Uke also matters when choosing strings. I have two Enya tenors which came with D’addario strings. Most of these are made of Nylon and A LOT thicker in gauge and also warmer in tone. I love them on the Tenors but don’t on fretboards with more limited space like sopranos or concerts. Have fun experimenting =)

rickeymike
    Participant

On the humorous side: Experimenting for me is a long affair since I need a professional to change the strings. I can change the grip on my tennis racket pretty well but that’s it. LOL

kanae926
    Participant

Living Water strings are my absolute favorite! They’re a little pricy, especially considering the exchange rate and shipping to the US, but they’re so worth it. My second favorite are Worth Browns.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.