Uncut playing

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Uncut playing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Hi folks. I don’t expect anyone to watch this whole thing, but I wanted to share with someone un the world.

Here’s an uncut video of me playing. This is not 30 takes looking for the best version, but just me sitting on the beach playing my best songs, and playing through the mistakes. This is how I really play.

I of course have more songs I can play less reliably, but I guess this is my set list. It’s enough to have some fun and even get a compliment from a stranger! Who knows how many people I annoyed, lol.

It’s all either Rockclass or my humble little originals.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by lisadmh.
    surferjay
    Participant

Loved it! Very nice to see RAW footage made even more awesome with the ocean in the background.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@lisadmh, that was so lovely! I love that idea! I watched the whole thing and you didn’t really make many mistakes at all, especially for playing so long! Pretty impressive! Also, I feel like I need to go to the beach now, but not where I live. πŸ˜…

@surferjay
    , it’s Ukulele: RAW and Uncut… Sweet tunes on the beach. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks folks! It was a lovely time on the beach. I love that I can sit and play things reasonably well for such a stretch of time. It helps when some stranger sits near me, lol.

Bumble, the mistakes are definitely there. I’m glad they weren’t terribly obvious!

robinboyd
    Participant

That’s how uke playing should be!

lisadmh
    Participant

@Robinboyd, I agree. Being able to play on a tropical beach like that is the reason I practice all year.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@lisadmh, they weren’t obvious at all! I feel like we notice our own mistakes more than other people ever do. 😊

madz_about_uke
    Participant

For some reason, the sound of the waves and ukulele blend well together. It’s so relaxing and pleasing to listen to. Amazing @lisadmh!

surferjay
    Participant

@lisadmh Are you recording that on a phone without any enhancements.. the balance of everything is great..

lisadmh
    Participant

@surferjay, yes, it’s recorded straight up on my phone propped up in the sand, no fancy settings. πŸ™‚

@madz_about_uke
    , there’s nothing like the uke with the waves in the background!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by lisadmh.
    lyndallk
    Participant

That’s lovely Lisa. I’d be so happy to come across such a uke player on my beach 😊

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.