What Concert Ukulele?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear What Concert Ukulele?

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    marni11
    Participant

Hey! I have a Soprano ukulele, and I am wanting to get a concert ukulele. I want one that sounds good. Any one have recomendations? I have looked at several, but could never make up my mind.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Check out Islander Ukulele, they are the sister brand of Kanile’a. Angelo has a tenor, great sounding ukes!

Andrew
    Keymaster
    marni11
    Participant

Thank you! It sounds like a great ukulele, but it seems to be out of stock. Will it be back in stock soon, do you know?

Andrew
    Keymaster

No idea. Give ’em a call, they are good folks 🙂

marni11
    Participant

Okay! I might look into that. Thanks!

biggoomba
    Participant

Is there a certain price range that you are looking for? One ukulele that I found I really like was a Kala with a solid spruce stop. I ended up buying a clamp on tuner and then went to a local shop and tried out everything they had hanging on the wall – all of them were out of tune so thats why I brought my tuner along. I actually brought my old Ukulele along with me too (Kala Pacific Walnut – which is also a pretty decent uke) so I could compare. It was a challenge for me because I am left handed and all the ukes were strung for right handed players but after almost an hour of trying out about everything could get my hands on I ended up with a solid spruce top – sounded a lot better than the Pacific Walnut uke I had been using – it was a Tenor though and cost $240. I think a solid spruce top with mahogany sides Concert is about $160 or so. I am not a Kala nut but seems like all the shops around me only carry Kala so thats what I ended up with.

I have to admit though – that Islander looks really nice. There is a guy on youtube who reviews a ton of ukes too – gotaukulele or something like that

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by biggoomba.
    marni11
    Participant

Thanks! I probably won’t want to spend more than 200. I’ll check out the Kala ones out too! My first ukulele was only $50.00. It sounds pretty good for the price, but I want to get a concert one. The one I have right now is Makala.

kanae926
    Participant

Marni – the Concert size that Andrew mentioned is also going to be available soon at Uke Republic, but they currently have the Soprano size (20 frets) available now.

Or, if you’re really set on a Concert size, you might look into the Mahogany version. If going for the Mahogany, they also have a turtle design version which I have been wanting myself. 😉

Just a thought!

marni11
    Participant

Kanae,
    Thanks for the suggestion! Those look really nice!! I will look into those too!

Andrew
    Keymaster

The turtle is cool 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.