What do you folks recommend?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear What do you folks recommend?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    imgoingtouke

I’ve been playing obsessively for about 15 months now. I have a Kala Soprano Ukulele and love it, but I’ve noticed that on this site you really need a Concert Uke. What do you guys recommend?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Time to start the collection 🙂 But seriously, I enjoy having the extra frets to work with on a concert and tenor.

kayleighb

Ah I had this problem too. My fiancè has ordered me an Ohana CK35G Concert Ukulele All Solid Mahogany for Christmas. I spent a couple months researching and finally settled on this one. Its being delivered tomorrow and painstakingly he won’t let me have it until christmas day 😣

ser_ser

thats great Kay

rickeymike
    Participant

I became a member in July and play a soprano. I’ve never had a problem with the songs or lessons. I don’t see where this site is geared to a larger ukulele. You should do just fine with a soprano.

kayleighb

It’s here……I was allowed one tiny play on it and it’s so much better than the ‘toy’ one I have. Feels alot bigger too so I’ll need to find a comfy position to play in.

Rickey there are a few songs that go beyond the 12 frets e.g. pachebel which I really want to learn (one day) so thats where having a larger uke will come in handy 😊

rickeymike
    Participant

I’m sure you are correct Kay. As a beginner, I’ve just never came across that problem yet. Ha. BTW, I tried searching for the song “pachebel” but I couldn’t find it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here is the lesson, Rickey: Canon in D.

kayleighb

Ah sorry Rickey. Pachelbel is the composer of the original piece. I grew up listening to it so it’s one I want to learn as soon as I’m more confident in playing 😊

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Kay and Andrew. Since the lesson said it was for U-bass I just automatically ignore. Ha. So why is bass pronounced not like the fish? Or is it and I’m pronouncing it wrongly as “base”

imgoingtouke

The Canon is what first brought me to Rock Class 101!

imgoingtouke

Well, I got a Kala Concert Uke for Christmas! I guess this thread is done…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Congrats! Kala’s are awesome 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.