Why me lord

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Why me lord

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charles605

Hello ukulele land,
    I would be most greatful for any help with this song.

surferjay
    Participant

Hey,

What do you need help with.. It’s in the key of G and has lots of 7th chords that give it that slow mellow sound..

charles605

@surferjay
    How are things in your zip code?
    Sounds like it might be out of my league but I was hoping for finger style tab of the melody.

Thanks

surferjay
    Participant

I would really recommend doing the music theory course on here. It sounds complicated but it’s really not (after it’s explained).

So once you know the key you can work out the melody really easily as the melody will use the scale associated to the key ie G major scale.

Another way to work out the melody (for any song) is to go onto YouTube and watch an easy piano tutorial of that song. They will tell you which keys are pressed during the melody ie GCDGCD .. you can then Google the Ukuleke fretboard and work out where the notes are and play the melody 🙂

Honestly learn some theory it opens up a new world. I thought it would be really boring haha but it’s actually fascinating how it all fits together and makes learning so much easier as instead of having to remember patterns of notes for a song you already know them as they follow the scale patterns.

Enjoy 🙏🏻

surferjay
    Participant

P.s I live in Israel so we don’t have zip codes there is not enough space to allocate them. 😂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by surferjay.
    charles605

@surferjay
    What city, are you near the coast?
    I thought about it over night and I agree with your assignment. That’s how I learned Girl from Ipanema. I’ll download some sheet music and figure it out. I started the theory lessons last Mon.

Thanks again

surferjay
    Participant

I live in a place called Rishon. It’s next to Tel Aviv which is on the coast. Enjoy the theory 🙏🏻

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.