Zelda’s Lullaby (with Ziggy)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Zelda’s Lullaby (with Ziggy)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jbmills07
    Participant

Have been practicing this one for a while, mostly because i just love this song. I wanted to get a better take than I have here. I messed up the ending pretty badly, but with Ziggy joining, I couldn’t help but share the take because I know she has fans lol.

janaq1
    Participant

Very nicely played, with feeling.

I suspect Ziggy is a little jealous: “Stop stroking that weird pet! I’m here, attend to me!” πŸ˜ƒ

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@janaq1 facts! That’s exactly what she’s thinking! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

@jbmills07
    , that was so beautiful! I really loved that song when they included it in one of the video game themed challenges a while ago. You played it very beautifully!

Miss Ziggy is quite the spry one! It’s kind of amazing to actually see her jump up onto your shoulders like that! My dad used to have a cat who would do that, too. So adorable! She is a queen! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ’•

jbmills07
    Participant

@janaq1 Thank you! I also think Ziggy was thinking that very thing! lol

@The_Bumble_Bard
    Thank you so much Bumble! I actually started learning the song, back during the video game themed month! However, I wasn’t able to play it well enough to perform it in the deadline, so I changed over to the Great Fairy Fountain tune instead. But I never forgot how much I loved Zelda’s Lullaby and wanted to go back and tighten it up. πŸ™‚
    And yes, Ziggy loves to jump on my shoulders! At some point or another, all of my cats use to jump on my shoulders. But Ziggy, being the youngest, is the only one who still does it. Not always at the opportune times either! lol

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, Zelda’s Lullaby was actually the song I learned for that challenge, and even though I really have never played those games, I liked it so much that I kept playing it. πŸ˜… You did a lovely job with it!

Hahaha that’s an interesting problem to have! πŸ˜‚ I’ve had five different cats throughout my life and none of them did that strangely. Maybe it’s learned behavior from the other cats you’ve had. πŸ˜‚

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard Yeah I have played Zelda games since I was a kid and have always loved its music! And thank you!
    I have wondered the same thing about my cats and their tendency to jump on my shoulders! I never trained them to do it or anything like that, so its hard to say! I had them all since they were very young, and two of them I would even carry around in my poclets when they were super tiny, so that might have played a role! lol

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, they seem like pretty magical games! I played other games as a kid, like DOS games, The Sims, Jump! Music games, and the Disney Sega Genesis games, like Aladdin and The Lion King. Somewhat recently my brother, sister, and I tried to play them again and we could not win. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Nooo, magical pocket kittens! I need to experience that. πŸ˜‚ I wonder if you’ve raised a society of shoulder kitties. It really seems like you have. They must’ve learned it from each other, and apparently their early days as pocket kitties. That image delights me more than it should… πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

Video game music really can be great though. The Sims has some pretty magical music, too. 😊

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard

Zelda games are indeed magical! lol I also played the old disney games on the Genesis at friends houses when i was a kid!! lol

I wonder, can you post photos on these forums? If so i believe I have a picture or two of Rocksteady and Beebop when they were pocket sized that I could scrounge up. lol

And I agree! There is a lot of truly amazing and beautiful music that has come from Video Games. Far too many to recount!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by jbmills07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, the only Zelda game I’ve played is the one where the characters are meleΓ© fighting. Super Smash Bros…? Haha that’s so funny that you also played the Disney Sega games. Those were the best. πŸ˜…

Rocksteady and Beebop are pretty amazing names for cats! I already have future names for cats or dogs that I will have at some point. πŸ˜… I actually think you can attach photos. If you look at the window where you create a new reply, there’s a button that says “select file” and I think you can upload photos that way. Pocket kittens! πŸ˜…

Yes, amazing music from video games and also movies. So many of them translate so beautifully to the uke as proven by Rock Class’ uke arrangements. 😊

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard
    Ok, so I found a couple of the old pictures of the kittens when they were super small! Now I just have to see if uploading them will work lol

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by jbmills07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, Nooooooooooooooo!!! My life will never be the same having seen that! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜ΈπŸ˜»πŸ€―

Thank you for sharing, that’s quite adorable! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I need pocket-kittens-who-become-ukulele-lovin’-shoulder-cats in my life! πŸ˜‚

Looking forward to hearing your new fancy uke by the way! Congrats again on that!! 😁

samash07
    Participant

Great playing! This tune is the reason I fell in love with the Ukulele AND found out about Rockclass101, haven’t looked back since!

The best part about this lullaby is that there is no perfect tempo, all sound great!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.