Zydeco Ukulele

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Zydeco Ukulele

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charles605

What a jam, makes me want to take a trip down south.

surferjay
    Participant

Haha that is so awesome. I haven’t been able to find a ukulele community near me. I brought my daughter A ukulele buddy which allows you to play by just pressing buttons so hopefully I’ll have a jam partner 😎

charles605

I’m looking for a ukulele group also,may have to start one myself.

charles605

@surferjay Do you play klezmer ukulele?

surferjay
    Participant

@charles605 that’s awesome, being honest I did not know that was a thing. That’s the great thing about the Uke there are so many styles.

Playing or hearing others especially live is a great motivator. I started playing the Uke back in November 2020. I had a little Mahalo Soprano which I brought for my daughter. I played it for 3 months then put it down for probably the same time after that as I’m not much of a singer and got mixed reactions haha

I went away with some friends for the weekend and he plays the bouzouki. Cut a long story short he plugged it in and started playing and I was like this is unreal. It was so enjoyable to sit in the warm evening listening to a live performance.

Feeling inspired I brought a Concert, then A Tenor, then an amp then a loop pedal and I’m working on making my own live set.

I would never have got this far without 1. This site 2. Being inspired by other amateur musicians 🙂

charles605

@surferjay
    I bought a cheap soprano at Walmart last December. Though it felt too small I fellinlove with it. Just got an electric tenor and am so excited about my ukulele future. As you said I owe my success to Rockclass101 and this community. (I’ve learned one song)
    On the surfing theme I’m kicking this song around.

surferjay
    Participant

Wipeout is a very cool song. Check out Honoka & Azita… & also Taimane they both have awesome versions of this on the Uke.

All the sizes have their own distinct sound. I have 2x cheap sopranos, a cheap Kala Concert & A Cordoba Electric Tenor. I pretty much only play the Tenor.

It’s great to watch everybody grow as musicians it’s a very fun journey to be on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.