Advanced Forum Search

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Advanced Forum Search

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sir_anzalot
    Participant

Hey Guys (or maybe mostly @Andrew for this one?) πŸ™‚

Maybe it’s just me but is there any way we could get an advanced search function for the forums?Every now and then I find myself wanting to discuss a specific topic and I am almost certain somebody did already start a discussion about that in the past. The thing is, if we search for something via the searchbar, the only thing it does is to show every post which contains this specific word order and there is no way to limit the search to e.g. topic titles which would be super helpful in such cases. Most of the time I had to be incredibly lucky to find a fitting topic for what I wanted to know in the first place, in the mess that was shown in the results. Don’t know if I posted this in the right section but I hope I did.

Cheers,
    Andy

Andrew
    Keymaster

I just double checked the forum settings, Andy. How it’s currently set up is the only option available. The forum is designed and maintained by the folks who make WordPress. From what I know, it’s a very “low priority” item for them. I would guess that building in that feature isn’t on their agenda.

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Hm. Bummer. But… when you say it is maintained by the WordPress people, I suppose that means you don’t have access to the backend? Because it just so happens that you have a trained IT professionial here and there are Plugins to make things like advanced search a thing in WordPress πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes, that would be possible. I’ll keep this in mind for the future πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Andy, I’ve added a custom search field to the forum. Please give it a try and let me know your thoughts πŸ™‚

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Hi Andrew! Sorry, I thought I had long answered you :O

Thanks for implementing the advanced search, it’s far easier to find stuff now!
    I was a bit surprised to see that if you only search in topics it also includes the first post and not just the thread title but it seems to be a good thing to cover more ground. At least I found a good amount of useful posts with my test searches this way.

Thanks for listening to your community! πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks, Andy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.