Ain’t talkin’ ’bout love left hand form problem

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Ain’t talkin’ ’bout love left hand form problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shmu88
    Participant

Hi Andrew!

I’m re-learning the song “Ain’t talkin’ ’bout love” and I find that song really hard as far as left hand form changes up and down the neck. I especially don’t understand AT ALL how you manage to keep the same hand form between the first and second mesure (from open A string to fret 10 on A string) without “droping” the neck of the uke. I’m watching in slow motion your performance and your uke doesn’t move even tough your left hand form stays in “form 1″…magic? I tried switching to form 2 but then I mute the A string with the side of my index…and i have to change back to form 1 for the next chord and it’s just not efficient. HELP! 😉

Thanks!!

Sam

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m def using form 1 for everything. Can you post a video playing it? I should be able to help more if I can see what you’re doing.

shmu88
    Participant

Hey Andrew

Here are 2 videos in which i TRY explaining my issues haha.
    I feel that since the beginning of my ukulele journey i’ve been struggling with going up and down the neck in form 1 without having to hold the body with my right hand so the neck doesn’t drop..

Thanks a lot!

Sam

shmu88
    Participant

shmu88
    Participant

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are some tips to try:

shmu88
    Participant

Awesome tips, i’m working on it right now and it definitely helps. Thanks for the fast answer!

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.