Aloha from California

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Aloha from California

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    recdog
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    My name is Ron. I have been playing Uke for only almost 2 years now, but have decades of background playing classical guitar. The Uke has kind of taken over. The guitar playing allowed for a smooth transition to fingerstyle uke. This is a fantastic site with great resources for different levels. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the uke in all styles. It has opened up new areas of music for me. Learning to sing with the instrument which I didn’t do before and also gaining a better understanding of chord theory and song composition. Think I first bought my uke prior to taking a songwriting class. Don’t think I anticipated how much I would love its convenience and sound. It’s very impressive the way Andrew has brought in other accomplished instructors and virtuoso artists.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by recdog.
    becky7777
    Participant

Welcome!

I just started playing in October, but loving it. 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Ron! Thanks for sharing your story and for the kind words 🙂

rjn1952
    Participant

Hi @recdog – I’m not sure how to reply to your response to my initial post.

What years were you in Santa Barbara?

recdog
    Participant

Hi @rjn1952,
    I was in SB / Goleta from 64 to about 88, but still over there every few weeks. DP, UCSB, SBCC. May be moving back to the general SB vicinity in the nearish future. Have bought two of my current three ukes in SB. Kala 1KOA-T, Kamoa, and a brand new Kala super tenor Spruce/Ziricote.
    Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.