An UkuLady from Minnesota

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself An UkuLady from Minnesota

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    theandersons
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

My name is Laura and my husband and I are Realtors in the Twin Cities of Minnesota.

I purchased an Ukulele at the end of April thinking I could plink around on it at work when things got stressful. Never did I imagine that I would become so hooked. It now sits next to my desk all day and if I even so much as glance at it, it ends up in my hands for a bit of strumming.

I’m sure many go to YouTube looking for tutorials and such. I subscribed to so many channels my head was spinning. Then one day I stumbled upon your channel, Andrew. Your style of teaching drew me in and of course I ended up on your site. I signed up to be a premium member right away. Then of course I saw the May challenge. To say I was a bit intimidated in an understatement. However, I forged ahead and learned In The Hall of The Mountain King. My husband never wants to hear it again if you know what I mean. I found myself practicing night and day and even doing air Ukulele in a restaurant with the tune running through my head. The thought of recording myself was daunting and I swear that after trying dozens of times to get it right on video, I shut the darn thing off and played it perfectly. In the end I uploaded the best I could do at the time and am looking forward to the new challenge this month.

It has been great seeing all the videos and all the levels of experience. Really does give me hope that with practice I too may sound like that someday.

Looking forward to interacting and getting to know more of you as time goes by.

Laura

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Laura! Love your write up and I just watched your performance and left some feedback. I’m happy to have you as part of our community here 🙂

theandersons
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew. I saw the feedback and it is much appreciated. I fear I have formed a bad habit and I know exactly what you mean by holding it in the correct manner. Certainly does put much less stress on one’s fretting hand. Can’t wait to get home and work on that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.