Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    dianna
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew……that dang thumb! This is a great piece to practice proper thumb placement….I think I have developed bad habits that are difficult to break.

musiclover
    Participant

Fingerpicking etude no 13-movement

I am a premium member

Thanks, Mary

Andrew
    Keymaster

@musiclover – Lovely performance, Mary! One suggestion, try adding an accent to the first note in bars 3, 7, 9 and the coda bar. That’ll give it a nice “pop” when you change between sections 🙂

kanique
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Fingerpicking Etude no. 13 – Movement.
    First time participing in such challenge, hope it went well 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

@kanique – Beautiful fingerpicking! An excellent first post, well done Dorota 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello uke friends! 🙂

I started this month thinking that I would try Moonlit Trio, but the first two weeks of this month were seemingly a loss, so I didn’t even get to start practicing until then. :S Then, I realized I was too overwhelmed by the amount of strumming in Moonlit Trio, quite sadly, so I decided to go with Punk-182 instead – especially after seeing Kathy’s (planetfink?) and Linda’s (lhamilton, who has the same electric uke as I do :] ) awesome takes of that one earlier this month (along with all the others that followed). So many amazing entries this month. It’s so inspiring, thanks to everyone for sharing. 🙂

There were still so many challenges with Punk-182. From the picado picking, to the tenor sized electric-y uke (because I’m used to playing my soprano uke), to the strumming and muting, to the actual style of the song which seems to be more guitar-ish-y. Nonetheless, it’s such a cool song, and even though I thought I was doing terribly with it, I listened back to it and it wasn’t *as* bad as I thought. I did mess up the ending though, big time. LOL.

I wanted to do more takes and also try the “Pixies” song “Where Is My Mind?” (because it’s also for low g, and my electric uke is my only low g uke) but sadly started not feeling well and had to stop. Perhaps tomorrow. 🙂

Thank you to Andrew for this amazing challenge, amazing songs, and for offering your DNA as a prize! @gi_gi_ LOLOlolol

gstriph
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s this month’s entry:

Jerry

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!

This month has been a bit chaotic. I started learning the 4/4 Waltz and got melody A up to speed. But melody B was so tricky because of all the barre chords… especially bars 19-20. 😅 My fingers get so tired from the previous bars so that the notes are not ringing clearly. I realized I won’t be able to get a good recording. So I decided to switch to the Fingerpicking Etude no. 13. I liked jumping up and down the neck.

Here it is, after two days of practicing. 😊

ldarrow
    Participant

I am a premium member
    I chose the 4/4 Waltz to work on this month. This tune is deceptively difficult. Was a great piece to work on using my little finger. It is weak and I avoid it as much as possible. Could not work around it with this one, so was much needed for me. Have really enjoyed everyone’s submissions. Here is mine

abster
    Participant

I am a premier member

Had to learn this in a hurry to meet the April challenge.. please accept my entry

Warm regards

Abster

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by abster.
    karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my submission of Bella Vita for the April Challenge. What a lovely piece! It was tough to decide which option to select this month, but this beautiful melody called my name the loudest. Thanks again to Andrew and the team for all of these great lessons. And there have been so many wonderful submissions so far!

Take care,
    Karen

joe150
    Participant

I a premium member.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard I’m with you. I’m gonna submit no matter what for the Oompa Loompas Baritone 🙂 lol I was cracking up laughing during your performance thinking of that all over again 🙂 We have to be separated…

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_, I won’t lie to you, I actually have gone back a couple of times to reread that tangent between you and I because it was so flippin’ funny. 😂😅 I think that’s part of why I got the giggles again while trying to record that. 😂😅 Oh my, we are trouble…

Just a real quick aside, part of what will make the Drewmpa Loompas special (once we genetically engineer them) is their melee combat abilities. Along with having refined musical skill, they also will have an innate ability to fight off intruders, stray dogs, and any rogue caupuchins who step out of line as the DL’s train them.

😂

One of us has to win that baritone… 😉😅😂🌺

gi_gi_
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

@The_Bumble_Bard
    My stomach hurts I’m laughing so hard….You are hilarious….. I don’t think I can ever get over that 🙂

Everyone’s submissions are sooooo good. Mine is subpar but it’s all I have this month. It’s a miracle I’ve been able to do anything. I’m happy I got something to submit so I can try to get that Baritone lol 🙂

@Andrew
    I’m still loving the first song, “Just like my dreams”. I was listening to it again today.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 18 hours ago by gi_gi_.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.