Banjo Ukulele

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    biggoomba
    Participant

I just got a banjo ukulele for Christmas and would like to see some lessons based on a Banjo Uke.

I am most curious about picking patterns that sound good and sound like tradional banjo playing. Of course I would like to learn a version of dueling banjos. I was able to find 1 video where the banjo uke player did a decent job of recreating the faster picking parts later on in the song.

I don’t know much bluegrass but would love to see some banjo uke lessons on some. Would also love to a decent version rainbow connection on the banjo uke – especially the intro.

Open to first song suggestions too.

-Steve

becky7777
    Participant

Grats on the new banjo uke Steve!

Check out a small company with a youtube channel. Company is called Duke they make banjo ukulele and hooked up with a guy I think is called Ukulele Stu? He has some tutorials played specifically on a banjo uke.

I’ve been attempting to learn how to do bum-ditty picking, which is totally a banjo/banjo-uke thing, but sounds great on a regular ukulele too. That’s been difficult because the videos I found on it, don’t show quite enough of what to do to make me succeed or how to apply it. The best ones I found were from a folk ukulele site but they don’t quite show enough of what the picking hand is actually doing for me. 🙁

I’ll keep my eyes open for good versions of dueling banjos and rainbow connection for you.

Hope more people can be more help, good luck, and id love to hear your new instrument in a challenge!

robinboyd
    Participant

Hey @biggoomba – This arrangement of Dueling Banjos is something that I have been meaning to learn for years, but it has always been a bit beyond me. I could probably do it if I set my mind to it now, though. Anyway, this is a really awesome arrangement, so it’s worth a try.

Click to access DuelingBanjos.pdf

planetfink
    Participant

Fred Sokolow has a book called Bluegrass Ukulele that shows the bum-ditty strum and also has a number of chord melody tunes in bluegrass style.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.