Baritone ukulele

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Baritone ukulele

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    csamura
    Participant

I’ve been toying with the idea of purchasing a baritone ukulele in the not too distant future. A friend let me noodle around with their baritone and I really enjoyed the tone. I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good baritone ukulele to invest it, beginner level, but good quality.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by csamura.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by csamura.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi @csamura,

I have a Kala KA B baritone ukulele and like it a lot. It has lovely tone. I wouldn’t want it to be my only ukulele since it’s tuned differently from regular ukes and I also like playing high 4th string ukuleles. I’ve found it makes good accompaniment for whistling but is also a nice solo instrument for pieces that don’t need a high 4th string.

Linda

surferjay
    Participant

I can’t advise you on Baritones as I don’t have one. But I do have a Kala KA Soprano & Tenor and they are both great instruments at that price entry point so I’m sure the above recommendation is spot on 🙂

Wondering if you made a purchase yet? I also own a Kala KA B Baritone and cannot believe how well it is made (made in China but I believe with some oversight QC). The tone is great. I would like to replace the tuning pegs as they are a no name brand with plastic buttons that cannot be replaced

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.