Beginner Course Final Perf Piece

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Beginner Course Final Perf Piece

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cashmpe
    Participant

Hi guys. I finished the beginner class and wanted to post a video of the final song. I know I’ve made numerous mistakes but wanted to get any feedback. I struggled with the D to G and G to C transition at times. Some days I nailed it, other days not so much. I even tried the barr G version and still made mistakes. But that’s OK. Anyway it’s been fun and I look forward to the day I can look back and see what progress I made. Haha.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Well done! Here are my thoughts 🙂

cashmpe
    Participant

Andrew. Thank you very much for the feedback! Wow, you’re right. I didn’t even notice I was doing that. But I noticed the chord didn’t sound quite right. I’ve noticed that for some reason, it is almost easier for me to make a full barr with regard to getting my ring finger over the top of the string. I even experimented with the G chord using the CAGFD (F shape) but that was going to take a lot more practice. I have smaller hands (don’t want to use that as an excuse). I will try the exercises you suggested to see if I can improve that muscle memory. I also felt nervous and tense recording myself which may have also contributed to my left hand form. On the flip side, maybe the string bending will help me when I learn the blues. Haha.

Thanks again…Pat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.