BWV 1007 on Uke (in C)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing BWV 1007 on Uke (in C)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    oldan_
    Participant

Hey everyone…

I haven’t been participating in recent challenges, but kept myself busy with this piece. I finally managed a fairly decent playthrough. RC101 is a big reason I was able to do that, so I’m happy to share this here, and would also like some feedback.

Mostly on the feel of the whole thing and general stuff, since the misplays are all too obvious to me 🙂

I really wanted to be able to play this piece ever since I’ve heard it sounds so great on uke.

robinboyd
    Participant

Sounds awesome!

lisadmh
    Participant

Sounds beautiful! I want to learn that…

bridgefour
    Participant

Well played, you can tell how much work you have put into that piece.

lisamcc
    Participant

Absolutely beautiful! Well done…. the notes were all ringing out and clear all the way up the neck and that must have taken you ages to learn. Where did you get the music from? Really lovely – thank you for sharing.

oldan_
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for that everyone. It hasn’t really felt like a lot of work, since I like to practice, but it took a while for sure, especially in 10 minute intervals 🙂

Anyhow, this arrangement is by Samantha Muir, she has an internet presence, and I somehow bought the sheet music for this arrangement. There are several others which you can get for free, including in the John King book, which is the closest to this one I think.

Since this music has so much depth I think it’s a great piece to work on, as there’s so much to do with it. And it has improved my playing a lot I have to say. Nevertheless, still a long way to go 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.