Choosing a new tenor ukulele

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Choosing a new tenor ukulele

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    hlglazi
    Participant

lisadmh if I can find them around me, I will certainly let you know what I think!

wabbit
    Participant

One thing to keep in mind is that, as I understand it, the fluorocarbon low G’s have a wider diameter which might mean that you’ll need to file or sand the nut slot to widen it. I don’t have any first hand experience with low G fluorocarbons; I’ve only read about them, so It’s not impossible that I’m wrong.

Metal wound low Gs are about the same diameter as a high G string. I use a Fremont low G string which fits nicely into the high G slot. That way I can easily interchange the low and high G whenever I want.

Most of the arrangements here on Rockclass are written for high G ukes. Nevertheless, it’s usually pretty easy to change a few melody notes to let the arrangements work on a low G uke anyway.

lisadmh
    Participant

My low G fluorcarbon fit just fine. And I actually think the wound low G from aquila had an even wider diameter?? It was a beast.

alanadair
    Participant

Hi there!

I have a Tiny Tenor by Romero Creations. It’s the economy version with solid spruce soundboard the tone of a tenor in the size of a concert. I love it. It looks like a Lute!

miztaken
    Participant

@alanadair – becky7777 has just ordered one of those too!
    They look and sound just lovely.

en_joy
    Participant

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with ORTEGA LIZARD TE-GB ukulele?
    I want to buy a new tenor electro acoustic ukulele. I also checked KALA KA FMTGE C tenor ukulele.
    My price range is 300 – 500 euros.
    Any suggestions?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by en_joy.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.