Clawhammer Banjolele

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Clawhammer Banjolele

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    holly1

Hi y’all, so last month I got hooked on clawhammer and started to learn the technique. I purchased Aaron Keim’s instructional book on youtube. (Love it!!) This is one of the first songs in the book, I’m not quite halfway through the lessons yet, but I wanted to record something and share with you guys. I started just learning on my ukulele, but for Christmas got a Goldtone Little Gem Banjo Ukulele. It’s so fun to play. I can’t wait to learn more and see what Andrew has in store for us with his clawhammer techniques course coming up in January. I am certainly having a good time playing the songs in Aaron’s book.

Take a listen…

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s really cool, Holly! I love this style of music, it’s so upbeat and fun sounding ๐Ÿ™‚

bklynsoul
    Participant

Happy New Year!
    Wow Holly, that was fast & smooth. Those Little Gems are loud and punchy. Looking forward to hearing more. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Looking forward to this course Andrew. ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s gonna be fun! We’ve got 2 performance tunes in 2 versions: Beginner & Advanced. Both songs have super fun, upbeat melodies and since there are 2 versions, it will be applicable for a lot of folks ๐Ÿ™‚

samash07
    Participant

That sounds so awesome! Great job, all that in a month? Wow.

holly1

Thx samash07. Yes I’m a little obsessed with it right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

holly1

@Andrew I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Andrew and everyone at RC101. I’ve been a member for the last 2 years, and that time has taken me from the complete beginner to owning several ukuleles, and now my first banjo. That being said, it is time for me to say goodbye to RC101 for the time being. I hate to leave, but my interests take me on a different path now. Through my journey with the ukulele, I stumbled upon the clawhammer style of playing (as posted above) and have completely found my match. From clawhammer ukulele, to banjolele, and (just 4 months ago) to my first (of many I hope) 5-string Banjo. So I have decided to cancel my subscription here and continue on my banjo path. But none of this would have ever happened without rc101. This is truly a wonderful site and I still recommend it to anyone I hear is looking to learn ukulele. Thanks all! ~ Holly

Here’s a link to one of my banjo songs that I posted on youtube if you wanted to see…

Andrew
    Keymaster

I love that you found your passion with Banjo music. I wish you nothing but the best, Holly! It’s been a pleasure being your teacher ๐Ÿ™‚

simonalexander
    Participant

Why have I only just seen this? Holly, that was wonderful. Thank you for sharing your great talent.

lisadmh
    Participant

Very cool, Holy. It’s great that you found your niche. You’re very good at it too! Have fun, wherever you go.

annemarie
    Participant

Very accomplished, Holly! Itโ€™s wonderful that you found an instrument that brings you so much joy. RC 101 has been so good for my own musical journey and I also recommend it to many people.
    Happy playing!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.