Creative soul

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Creative soul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charles605

Hello everyone hope your off to a good start in this new Year. I have a question, you try to learn a song as it written but your heart wants to play it a different way. What do you do?

Andrew
    Keymaster

This is a great question! Here’s what I learned from music school. Let me know what you think 🙂

recdog
    Participant

I think it is ideal and you can’t go wrong with learning a piece well as written and with accurate yet fluid counting. Most arrangers know more than I do or have put a lot of work into it. Then make it better in the way that you interpret the piece. I suppose arrangements do vary so I don’t invest the time in learning one unless it sounds really good. There is so much out there to learn from.
    Ron

charles605

It’s like flood gates opening.

charles605

Andrew,
    Wow that was just what I needed right now. I’ve been practicing all wrong. I felt I wasn’t getting the most out of my practice and was getting a bit frustrated. I know I’m just a beginner but could you expand on the cage method?

charles605

Just want to add one more thing I’ve learned. Don’t put so much stress on your practice that you don’t enjoy it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.