Danny Boy Help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Katie, Beautiful arrangement.

I don’t know if I’m ready for this although I know that I can play it. Mostly it’s after the intro when the verse and chorus begins.

Without singing, most of the fingerpicking sounds like: ding-dong, ding-dong. (I’m sure Katie would get a laugh out of the comparison)
    When Katie sings it, so well btw, it looks like she sings some phrases without playing anything (see the very beginning of verse) and vice-versa.

Looks like after memorizing the Intro, I would have little trouble singing along to the Intro. But after I memorize the verse and chorus, I still would have the problem of when to sing and when to just play.
    I hope I’m making some sort of sense. If any of you have chosen to sing this, give me some help on how to handle…….Tks, Rickey

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lemme know if you have ?’s

rickeymike
    Participant

Andrew, Yes, yes, and yes. I get it. Thanks for the explanation. However (you knew there was going to be an “however” in there somewhere. ha), grasping it and implementing it is entirely different. I will definitely give it my best shot. I’m not going to like it but I’m giving it my best shot.

My friends, when they are telling a personal occurrence , I have the bad reputation of asking “too many questions”. Ha. I always want to delve deeper into the story. They just tell me to shut up and why do I want to know all this superfluous stuff.

Anyhow thanks for your time and it didn’t ramble. Actually, how ’bout you, Katie and I sitting down to coffee for about an hour to discuss good ole Danny. I’ll spring for the coffee. haha.

P.S. And I thought I would have this mastered by the 17th……NO WAY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.