Danse Macabre

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    deadbuggy
    Participant

My skeleton friend patiently awaits as I try to learn this arrangement. This is definitely above my skill level, but Andrew is right — the more I work at it, the better I get at some of the technical moves. Anyone else trying this one?

mheiden
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it once you get there! (love the skeleton…haha). I’m working on St.James Infirmary which is beyond my skills at this point. But I do feel like it helps to stretch. Other things also start to seem easier!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Nice work, Sara! Keep at it 🙂

deadbuggy
    Participant

Maureen — you’re so right! the more I work on the ‘hard stuff’ the faster and cleaner I can get some of the other things.

Andrew — if you only knew how many times I watch, rewatch, playback slowly, etc all the videos…if you and I were having a private lesson, you’d be hitting yourself in the head with your ukulele 🙂 Thanks for the nudge to try difficult pieces!

mheiden
    Participant

I’ve always had alot of respect for musicians, but since learning the ukulele, I truly realize the time and commitment needed for practice. I can only imagine the thousands of hours musicians put in to hone their craft. I’m happy to be part of it although I’m at the beginning (I learned some chords on a guitar years ago but cannot play one song….so the Uke is really my first instrument). I can’t wait to see results compound and learn more songs quicker. I’m at 1 or 2 per month.

deadbuggy
    Participant

So…here’s my version. I don’t play Evan’s entire arrangement — just imagine that I play the rest of it absolutely perfectly!

kanae926
    Participant

Are those strings new, Sara? Do they sound warmer? I like them. Also, the red is cool looking and matches the uke. 😎

Wish I could get past Walking Dead! Still working on it. 😭

deadbuggy
    Participant

Yes, those are Aquila Reds. I love ’em! I was in a music store a few weeks ago having strap pegs put on my low G tenor; the owner had never seen the Reds and made an immediate order for his store. I think they are a nice combo of bright and warm. And of course, they do match the new uke!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.