Dedication to Anne & Tom Godfrey

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Dedication to Anne & Tom Godfrey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

1st and foremost, this song is dedicated to Anne and Tom. I chose this song because of its feel good nature and its hopeful message. Hope you like it , Anne.

Secondly, I have been working on this song since April when I first found and downloaded the leadsheet. With the help of our Reading Course, I began transposing the leadsheet onto a blank ukulele tab sheet. With a couple of skype lessons with Stephen, we went over my transposition to tabs and then discussed how to incorporate chords to my basic single notes transposition. So here is my finished product, 2+ months in the making. ha.
    I know it’s pretty simplistic chord melody but I did it myself. I would really appreciate some feedback and suggestions for making it better. If you like the song, I will gladly share my rudimentary tab arrangement. One thing though, I don’t know how to write measures or to indicate length of notes in tab form. And my blank tab sheets did not have a regular staff bar to place the notes in standard form. What I did was to write the lyrics under each note/tab. Since I knew the song well, that was pretty much all I needed to stay on rhythm.

planetfink
    Participant

Rickey, that was beautiful. I’m sitting here crying listening to it. Great job.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Beautiful, Rickey! I know Anne is going to love it 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Wow Rickey! You’ve been working hard behind the scenes. Congrats on your very own chord melody. Sounds great. And such a nice gesture for Anne and Tom. She’ll love it.

ukukelley1
    Participant

That was wonderful, Rickey – and a lovely gesture. You warm our hearts.
    Sheryl

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Rickey & dear, dear friends at Rock Class,

What a loving gesture, Rickey!
    What a beautiful song with the most hopeful of lyrics.
    How beautifully you played & sang words of comfort that have never meant more.
    I pray with all my being that God will bless you in such a special way for the loving kindness you have expressed.

Humble gratitude to you, Andrew & dear friends at Rock Class 101.

With much love & sincere appreciation,
    Anne

stinyuke

Wow Rickey! Vey nice played and sung! What a nice gesture! Love it!

curlyuke
    Participant

Go Rickey! Loved it 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.