Favorite Places to Buy your Ukes

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Favorite Places to Buy your Ukes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    turbolift
    Participant

I’m in the market to buy my 2nd uke- a concert this time. I’ve narrowed my selection but am having a terrible time locating stock! It seems every store is out of stock. There are a number of places available in the UK but shipping is cost prohibitive.

Where all have you had luck purchasing new or used UKEs? I’m looking for VTAB EL-55D, Baton Rouge V2C Sun, Eddie Finn EF Moon or Enya EUC-X1M .

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by turbolift.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @turbolift. You said that shipping from the UK is prohibitive, but where are you located? Finland? New Zealand? I can recommend a good place in Cairns, Australia.

miztaken
    Participant

Mike at Uke Republic, Atlanta is really, really good. (He sponsors the challenges here).
    I think it only cost me US$75 for my Eucalele plus hard case to Australia. I think that was a very fair charge, he doesn’t profiteer from delivery.

joe150
    Participant

I agree that Mike at Uku republic is the best to buy from. Mike takes great pride in ukulele setups. Trust me, if a ukulele can not be setup right, it not in Mike store. Also it does not matter how much or how little you spend, everyone gets outstanding service.

smudge
    Participant

Does anyone play a Rebel Mango uke? I am very intrigued!!
    Thanks.

hacksaw
    Participant

I have a soprano Rebel Mango Double Creme. Ordered from Uke Republic, coincidentally. Sheer class, with great tone and punch. I live in the UK so had to juggle import taxes and exchange rate, but it came out slightly cheaper.

Anyhow, my ukulele quickening overrode my patience in waiting for a UK-based shop to order one in!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by hacksaw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.