Fingerpicking Etude First try

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Fingerpicking Etude First try

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    fistulle

Fingerpicking Etude

Hi there,

Sorry about this but here is my awful recording of Fingerpicking etude 😉

All i can do for the moment… Enjoy hahaha 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great job Lionel! Thanks for sharing 🙂

philrab66
    Participant

Good job it is not easy is it. Would you mind sharing which Uke you have and recording set up, sounds sweet.
    Phil
    HaHa

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by philrab66.
    fistulle

Tkx guys, not easy indeed 😉 we ll see in a few months if i can do better…

I play on a Hudson Soprano 10, with martin c600 strings. Recorded on my smartphone, with the official app from Sony. And that s pretty it 😉

cheick

This is my first recording for Etude n°5 so far away from Andrew but I did my best. I’m going to play it and be better in the next weeks. Thanks for watching and constructive critics.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Awesome Cheick! Here is a short video with some feedback for you 🙂

cheick

Hi Andrew. Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I’m going to work these two points rythm and timing and I will repost a new video.
    Once again thank you. 👍🏽

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure! I look forward to hearing it 🙂

machie
    Participant

Beautiful and relaxing!

cheick

Hi ! this is my second attempt of fingerpicking étude n°5. I had some difficulties with the rythm and the length of the notes. Andrew I played with “you” on the website, it was cool, (for feedback : video starts too qickly after clicking play, so I needed waiting for the 2nd bar to get you). Please let me know what you think about, and if I need to work about the lenght of the notes, please tell me how can I set up a metronome on smartphone to work with this song, I tried but got nothing good.
    For more I looked to learn a new song or etude and I wanted to ask you if you have some ideas about a ukulele song from you that matches with my level, I don’t have objective feedback with me. Ok thank you for feedback. Just for fun, I just come home for a road trip in España and I made my wife crazy playing this etude all evenings in camper car, but she loves it still.
    Ok thanks again ’cause I ask you a lot of things.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Much better! But I am hearing that you are swinging the eighth notes, which sounds cool. Just be sure to understand the difference between swung versus straight 8th notes.

Here is a video showing you how to activate a click count in, so you can start on bar 1.

I think it was the second question in our lightning round video where I discussed which metronome I use for my smartphone and tips for using it.

As far as recommendations for songs, I’d give anything in level 1 or 2 a shot.

cheick

Great!! thanks for fast answer. Ok I understood for the play-along. I’am swinging the eight notes because I’m bad on rythmic, sadly, it was not in my intention 🙁 Ok I’mgoing to work on it for the week. Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.