Fun question

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Fun question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    b_ukes_101
    Participant

Just a fun little question…when did you find rockclass101, how long have you been a part of it, what song did you find rockclass101 through? For me I found it abo half a year ago and it has made a world of difference! This is an awesome website! I found rockclass101 on YouTube and the first song I learned was canon in D.

robinboyd
    Participant

October 2017. I came across the monthly challenge (I don’t remember how) and I thought I’d give it a go. I just had a free membership at the time and I decided to work out the second half of the tune by watching the performance without access to the lesson or the tabs. I remember Andrew told me I had inadvertently added half a bar, and at that point, I figured I’d better get paid membership (especially because I was going to tackle a quite tricky piece next). FWIW, the first song I learned was the Stranger Things Theme, and the tricky one I learned next was Hedwig’s Theme.

kanae926
    Participant

June 2018. Andrew’s arrangement of A Thousand Years came up as a YouTube suggestion. All the other videos I’d been watching up until that point were all strum/sing tutorials that were already getting boring.

I joined the basic membership right away but it was only two weeks before I committed to premium membership. The following month in July, I started to participate in the challenges, too.

Everything about RC101 is awesome. The structure, the forum and community, but also the variety in music, teachers, and lessons. I love all of it!

lisadmh
    Participant

3 and a half years ago I think. I had just gotten my first uke about 2 weeks earlier and knew nothing at all. I started with My First Song and loved it. I was hooked. Joined as premium right away. I’m entirely RC101 trained.

miztaken
    Participant

I joined (?) July 2018.
    I had been strumming for three years, taught by husband plus self.
    Can’t and won’t sing, dislike strum-a-longs but could see that the uke can be played as a “real” instrument.
    Started looking up teachers, but was put off by the singing, the accent, the music choices… everything really.
    Then found RC101, bloody brilliant!
    EVERYTHING “fits” me: Andrew, his teaching style, the lesson formats, the huge variety in song choices so that I can learn and play just what I like or think I need to learn. I have a music teacher in Sydney too, but go to her to enhance what I learn on RC101 eg. She will give me alternate chord structures for my wonky finger.

First song was the basic “Ode to Joy” in the beginners class.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.