Greetings from Castleton on the North York Moors, UK

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Greetings from Castleton on the North York Moors, UK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ashman
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    My name is Chris. I am retired and live in a small village in the North York Moors National Park in the north east of England. I played a guitar (not particularly well) in my youth but little since. I went to my son’s ukulele club down south around 7 years ago, came back home with a uke and started a club here with a few friends who were sceptical at the time as to whether there would be any interest. We now have around 40 members which has amazed us given we are a such small community. We’ve played at gigs all over the area, raised a lot of money for local charities and most importantly had a lot of fun. Many new friendships have been formed and such talent has emerged from folk who have never played a musical instrument before or sung in front of an audience.
    It’s not possible at the moment of course for us to meet in person but such is the enthusiasm we still meet and play songs on Zoom every week and have a very active Whatsapp group. It’s a real highlight for many in these difficult times. Came across Rock Class having seen a video of Andrew playing Lagrima. Really impressed by the clarity of the tuition and the tips along the way. Not finding Lagrima easy but getting there. Looking forward to exploring the site and finding new challenges.
    Chris

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Chris! That’s awesome to hear that you started a group that has grown so large and accomplished so much!

If you ever need help with any of the lessons, don’t hesitate to email me or post questions on the forum 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Welcome, Chris. Wow, congrats on building such a great group and sharing the joy of the uke.

Lagrima is not easy, but it sure is pretty.

See ya around. Check out the monthly challenge. We have fun together there.

ashman
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I’m sure that will be of help.

ashman
    Participant

Thanks Lisadmh. Not long left to submit the November challenge but I’ll give it a go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.