Greetings from New Hampshire

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Greetings from New Hampshire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drefrank
    Participant

I’m very happy to have found this site.

I bought my first (and second) ukulele couple months ago. I saw one in a thrift store and went back the next day to get it – and it was gone! So I bought one online and it is has been so much fun. Please don’t laugh, but for some reason I had Tiptoe Through the Tulips in my head, so I found a Tiny Tim like version and worked through it. Since then I’ve picked up a couple additional songs.

I’ve played bluegrass five string banjo for a number of years. The strings and chords are very different, so no help there. But some left hand dexterity has helped me with the uke. I plan to play both, but right now th ukulele is getting more practice time.

I happened across this site when looking for info on the Tennessee Waltz (looking to accompany my niece who is a young singer. I’ll work on the version here at some point, but those chords – yikes!). I’m currently working on Fur Elise – what an awesome arrangement.

I’ve seen lesson order recommendations and I know I’m really proceeding randomly. But I’m really enjoying myself.

One question. I’m having some trouble getting into some of the part 2 lessons. I’m logged in as my user info shows at the top of the page. But when I click on, for example, the second part of Fur Elise (the premium member part) I’m bounced to the membership page. I’ve found that if I go to the My Account page first I can then get into the second part of the lesson. Any help here would be appreciated.

Once again, happy to be part of this terrific site!

robinboyd
    Participant

It happens to me sometimes too. Log out an log back in again and it should work.

robinboyd
    Participant

Oh, and I just checked out Tennessee Waltz. That’s a tough one!!!!

nthibode

Welcome @drefrank! Für Elise was also the first song I learned on this site — such a great one! Rather than logging out and back in again to access premium member items, I find that just refreshing the page works for me (assuming I’m already logged in, of course). Have fun!

lisadmh
    Participant

Welcome! There’s tons of fun to be had around here. I hope you’ll join us in the monthly challenge! A new one is coming soon for the month. It’s a great motivator.

I get that bug too. No need to log out. Just going to the My Account page fixed it. Not sure what’s up, but it’s not hard to go to My Account then back, back, refresh. I just roll with it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, drefrank! Looks like everyone answered your ? – It’s suppose to keep you logged in, but sometimes I think it times out.

Have fun with Fur Elise! I’m always around if you need help on the lessons 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.