Gymnopedie picking question.

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Gymnopedie picking question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Steve teaches with thumb,index,middle,ring fingers getting their own string. Can this song also be learned with the thumb picking both the G and C with the index picking the E and the middle picking the A?
    This will be my first instance of learning a picking song, so both methods will have to be learned from scratch for me.

Steven
    Participant

Absolutely Rickey! I have a pretty strict right hand picking style due to my years playing classical guitar but really the right hand isn’t all that important when learning this piece. Whatever right hand picking style you choose is absolutely fine, as long as you’re getting the desired sound. Just go with whatever feels natural for you – it will make the piece much more enjoyable to learn without having to re-train your right hand when there’s really no need to.
    Hope you have fun with it – would love to hear your rendition once you’ve mastered it 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks Steven: I will definitely devote a couple of weeks to fingerpicking practice with tablature inside the course before I tackle the song.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.