Hammer-ons with pinky

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Hammer-ons with pinky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    krolik
    Participant

Hi, so I’m learning a song where I have to play barre chord on 5th fret and then do fast hammer-on with my ring finger on 7 and pinky on 8, but when I do it it sounds incredibly quiet. That 7th fret hammer on isn’t that bad actually, but on 8th with pinky is pretty bad. I’ve got overall problems with using my pinky, when I try to strech my hand it goes more sideways than perpendicular to the fretboard, if you know what I mean.

lisadmh
    Participant

Hi krolik. I have no answers, but I have the same problem. I think it’s a combination of more stretch and more strength needed?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Can you post a video playing it? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what’s happening 🙂

krolik
    Participant

Andrew
    Keymaster

My apologies for the delay, I missed your response. Here’s my thoughts and the lesson I referenced.

Here is the exercise to run through. Use it as a warm up exercise:

krolik
    Participant

It’s all good, thanks for your response. Yeah I was thinking it has something to do with my form, I tend to just jump into the tabs/tutorial videos and try to make it work instead of practicing proper forms and techniques. I guess it’s time to work on them now 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.