Happy Star Wars Day

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Happy Star Wars Day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tric_o_tronic
    Participant

Thank you for the arrangement!
    I am not as nerdy as it looks. 🙂 Just too much time in the home office and quarantine.

Next goal is to get the sound of some notes better and more even.

PS. the end of part A is difficult. I am not able to get this in time and ringing.
    And the mistake in meldoy 4 really annoys me. But the arrangement was too long to record again.

lisadmh
    Participant

May the 4th be with you. Good job on the song. Love it!

becky7777
    Participant

Nice. You did pretty well on it actually. This song was part of a challenge btw. It wasn’t too terribly long ago, but I don’t remember which month it was offhand. It was around the time the video was published to YouTube though.

If it would help, you could check performances and feedback in that thread for tips and tricks.

I’m just a student too, so take this feedback with a grain of salt. It’s 4am here too. (So yes, May the 4th be with you! 😁)

When you’re practicing to clean things up, maybe break it down melody by melody. Focus on bits that you’re having the most trouble with in small phrases, or just a couple bars at a time.

At the end of the first melody, you pause. Be careful not to practice in the pause. It’s really hard to get rid of them once they’re in there. (Ask me how I know. 😉)

Not sure if any of that helps. It’s pretty general advice.

Best wishes

kanae926
    Participant

The Star Wars Medley was a choice in the July 2019 challenge if you ever want to go back to some of the other members’ submissions and read/see what they got as feedback.

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

Thank you all. I will definitely look through that thread.

It was a challenging but doable arrangement, maybe because I know the melodies.
    But there were some difficult parts which I couldn’t get better. So I just played what I could.
    It was more of a spontaneous idea to do this, so I had 2 days to learn it.

Regarding the pause, I am not sure if I wanted to pause or just forgot how to continue 😂 which is often a problem (especially when a video camera is near)

rickeymike
    Participant

Tric – nice job. Break the song down and loop a couple of measures together till it sounds good to you. Looping is Drew’s favorite phrase. ha. I too suffer with those split second pauses because I forgot the next note.

kanae926
    Participant

Keep practicing, @tric_o_tronic! Because this medley is so iconic and recognizable to just about anybody, it’ll be a cool party trick when you play it. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.