Hello, Alex from Tel Aviv, Israel!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello, Alex from Tel Aviv, Israel!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    agherschon
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I’m Alex, 34, always dreamed of playing an instrument and tried the guitar in the past with weekly private lessons for about a year and a half but we were learning lots of music theory so it didn’t grow on me. I always liked how the ukulele sound so I got one and left it two years on the wall till one day I had enough of postponing this dream, and started to learn the basics with Bernadette Teaches Ukulele on Youtube.

Since then I’ve made a lot of progress, found a private luthier teacher and build my own uke, and I continue to learn as much as I can in the little free time a busy modern life gives us.

I’ve started here with the Game of Thrones lesson and it’s super complicated for me so I have a ton to learn already with one lesson. Can’t wait to discover other lessons after this one.

Happy to e-meet you all, and Andrew of course! 🙂

Cheers,
    Alex

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by agherschon.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Alex! That’s awesome you started with Berny 🙂 She rocks!

So GoT is a bit of a toughie, check out our guide for some tips on where to start if you feel that one is a bit too advanced. And I’m always around if you need help on the lessons or have ?’s.

agherschon
    Participant

Thank you Andrew!
    Yes Berny is amazing! There’s a great community around the uke, it’s truly amazing.

GoT is hard indeed, especially the speed you play it. Also, I can’t really play the outro there, I don’t have more than 15 frets on my uke.

I think I went a bit ahead of myself choosing this. I can play the first verse and its variation but like at 50% speed. I’ll check the learning paths 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.