Hello fellow ukuleleists :)

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello fellow ukuleleists :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’ve just signed up for RockClass101 and I’m very excited to join this community of ukulele enthusiasts! My name is Steve and I’m from Newcastle upon Tyne in England. I have played guitar on and off since I was 13 (a long time ago…..) but about three years ago I discovered the ukulele and have been hooked ever since – it is a true addiction (and I suppose quite a healthy one by comparison!). I can’t imagine there is a more enjoyable, accessible, and versatile instrument out there!

I’m not a performer and don’t really have any musical friends so I have been quite a lonely ukulele player 🙁 I suppose you tube has been my best ukulele friend. That’s why I’m very excited to get involved in this online community – any advice and tips from established members about how best to get involved would be very welcome!

I’m very pleased to meet you all and look forward to progressing my ukulele journey with you.

Steve

lisadmh
    Participant

Welcome, Steve! You’ve found a good community. If day jump into the monthly challenge. That really brings people together. Have fun checking the place out!

Steven
    Participant

@lisadmh thanks so much! I was just having a look at the challenge. I think I’ll have a go at ‘Hone A Ka Wai’. Body surfing looks ace but a bit beyond me at the moment!

nthibode

Hi Steve! I’m also not a performer and don’t have many musical friends. But I’ve made lots here! I recommend going through the Ukulele Songs page and picking out some you like the sound of. Don’t discount the easier levels either — there’s always something to be learned. Have fun!

Steven
    Participant

@nthibode thanks for the tip 🙂 I’ll have a look through the song list – there looks to be plenty of choice!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Steve! I’m always around if you need help on the lessons. Don’t hesitate to email me or post on the forums 🙂

Steven
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks so much. I’ve just read through your learning paths page and I really do think you’ve created an incredible website here. There is so much content to get stuck into and the structure and organisation of the different paths is very impressive. I feel like I can choose a well structured path that suits my needs but without it feeling too rigid or restrictive – a difficult thing to achieve via distance learning!
    I would probably class myself as an intermediate player most interested in chord melody/solos (I am NOT a singer :)) A lot of the other sites I looked at seemed to be more beginner focused but your site really does push the player and seems to provide a lot more content for the intermediate/advancing player. I love the range of styles you offer too and having a range of different instructors is great (how amazing is that Evan kid – can’t believe he’s only 14/15!)
    Anyway, I’ll stop rambling on – I just wanted to express how impressed I am with RockClass101 and can’t wait to dive in. My credit card is also quivering as I think I might have to invest in premium membership 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.