Hello From Israel

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From Israel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    surferjay
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a quick hello! I used to play guitar in my twenties (just chords and the odd picking intro… think Stairway to Heaven haha the shame). I randomly brought a Ukulele last week and within literally 15 minutes learnt about 30 songs from Youtube with the same 4 chords. It was great fun but it was short lived enjoyment when I saw the next level…

I watched a guy on Youtube (not sure if we are allowed to mention names) play a ‘Thousand Years’ on the Ukulele and was blown away. My goal is to play that song 🙂

I need to start from the beginning and look forward to the journey!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by surferjay.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Jay! The best place to start is here. Have fun and if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time tobwrote back to me! I’ve had a good look through the courses and content and you’ve created an amazing site so congrats on that! I have a couple of questions.

1. I’m going to start at the beginning as recommended. I was going to skip the beginner songs but in all honesty I can see it’s a required building block. I’m just not sure if you need to learn them all to progress to the next level… would I be missing out if I did not learn them all…

2. I’m interested in the finger picking course and can see it’s divided into 3 levels. Does that mean once I’ve completed the beginner module I progress to the next level or is it a matter of waiting until I’ve used those skills in songs and then return to the next module.

I’m just trying to work out how to structure my learning rather than trying to learn ‘I’m Yours which to be honest is not going well haha

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the site. I’ll let Andrew answer your questions about the lessons. You are totally allowed to mention names, though.

Robin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.