Hello from Melbourne Australia

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Melbourne Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iangreen
    Participant

Andrew,

Awesome lessons mate. totally hooked after literally stumbling across your site by pure accident; or was it? I find my self playing your stuff for hours and hours I love it. Your lessons and method of delivery have arrived in my life at just the right time.
    I am really into Jazz Blues EP009 at the moment and working hard on the muscle memory.
    Can’t wait to compare my playing again in 12 months. Lots of goals.
    Keen to hook into one of your challenges.

Here is a photo of my uke on a stand I made from Australian Eucalyptus

Great site mate, keep it up.

Ian Green

becky7777
    Participant

Love your stand, It’s beautiful! Did you finish the wood somehow, or is eucalyptus just naturally shiny like that?

But aside from that, welcome! 🙂

miztaken
    Participant

Hi Ian,
    Welcome from Sydney!
    I love your stand – my new Quilted Eucalyptus ukulele (Christmas present to come) would look awesome perched on that! 🙂

@becky7777
    – the wood has had the bark stripped and has been polished up – gorgeous eh.

rickeymike
    Participant

Welcome Ian. It is beautiful.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Ian! That’s a fun tune and that looks AWESOME! 🙂

iangreen
    Participant

Yeah, the stand is made from some sort of eucalyptus the exact species is unknown but I stripped the bark off sanded and applied a couple of clear coats to it.
    I really like the shape and attitude of the stand.
    I am making more and I have one for a concert size in production at the moment.
    i also have another tenor size one to start which i am quite excited about as the tree has grown the stand naturally in that there will be no joins required as the branches naturally form the legs.
    thanks for the welcome. time for my daily muscle memory

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.