Hello from Pennsylvania!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Pennsylvania!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    betsy_manning
    Participant

Hello All and Andrew,
    I just stumbled across your Canon in D (in C) yesterday and I love it! I can’t believe I haven’t found you sooner.

I’ve wanted to learn how to play this way for a LONG time. Other players make it seem so effortless, but so arcane and far beyond me. I’ve messed around with books and tabs and it’s been really frustrating. I love this learning style and the result. The diagrams are excellent and I love the play along tabs. Tabs can seem so monolithic and hard to follow. The step by step video explainations is so helpful too!

I’ve been playing for three years now, and I know my way around first position chords, some finger picking and basic strums. So, I have some foundation. I’m OK with starting with Canon, but I look forward to going through the whole course and getting a solid foundation.

I sing and I lead workshops and jams. I’m also pretty good with putting out some nice song sheets for songs that just aren’t out there on Scorpex or Dr Uke.

Thanks for putting together such a great system, and I’ve already recommended your site and videos.

I’m in south east Pennsylvania, about an hour west of Philadelphia. I just got back from the Allegheny Uke Soiree, which was a blast! It was the 4th uke fest I’ve been to and by far and wide the very best!

I’m a bit of a ham and don’t mind doing open mics and making a fool out of myself.

My goals are to become a better player, set leader, musician and instructor. So many people are just taking up Uke and I love helping them. Nothing beats the smiles I see at the end of a workshop or jam! Ukulele can be very theraputic!

Looking forward to learning!
    Cheers,
    Betsy

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! Thanks for the kind words 2 times today Betsy! Much appreciated 🙂 And I’m glad you found us! Be sure to check out Learning Paths for some ideas on where to start and what to work on with our lessons. And if you ever need help, don’t hesitate to ask!

betsy_manning
    Participant

Thank you! I’m working on finger picking.
    Glad to be here!
    Cheers,
    Betsy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.