Hello from Portland Oregon!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Portland Oregon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scrambled_izzy
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Izzy and I’m from Portland! Perhaps like many others here, uke was a pandemic pickup hobby for me and my first musical instrument…and it definitely stuck! What a lovely friendly little instrument that always invites me to pick it up 🙂

Anyway, I’ve playing for a bit over a year and have really just been a strummer the whole time. I’ve gone through a lot of challenging strum pieces from Rich G and Doctor Uke, but the easiest bit of finger picking has me feeling like it’s day one all over again… I’ve really avoiding fingerstyle almost completely, and now that I’m pretty bored with just strumming I’m diving in!

I found rockclass101 originally via a youtube video about some kind of fingerstyle etude that focused on slides which sounded really neat. And then I found a few other nice tip vids, but didn’t really commit to engaging until now. So here I am!

I’m planning on trying the July challenge as well and have started to work on the Summertime Blues, which is such a fun song!

Cheers friends!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Izzy! I’m glad you found us 🙂

Check out this course. It’ll be a good intro to fingerstyle playing. And def join the challenge! BTW if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask!

olgauke
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’m Olga and I’m from Kyiv, Ukraine.
    I found rockcalss101 accidentally while watching different tutorials on YouTube. One of the bloggers mentioned about it. And I was impressed to see what you can offer for everyone and for me as very beginner.
    I’m trying August challenge. It’s a bit hard because of barre but I’m working on it. I’m so happy that I fount rockclass101.
    Cheers ukulele family!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.