Hello From The Gulf Coast

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From The Gulf Coast

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bzediver

I am very new at this as I was recently “gifted” a poop brown Mahalo ukulele with dolphin shaped tuners. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. It will be truly amazing if I can ever make this thing sound good but that’s the challenge. I look forward to having fun trying if that doesn’t work out.

Andrew
    Keymaster

LOL nice description of the color 🙂

Welcome, bzediver! Start here. I’m always around if you need help.

miztaken
    Participant

HA! @bzediver!!!!
    I understand!
    I always describe brown ukes as “turds with strings” and had to gussy up any brown one that I had.
    Now I just don’t buy brown ones b
    Have fun here, soooo much to learn and lots of lovely people.

rickeymike
    Participant

Welcome from a fellow Gulf Coaster.

Andrew, I’ve been searching for that “Learning Path” lesson that you linked to but I can’t find it on my own. Is it embedded in another course/lesson?

bzediver

Thanks Miztaken and Rickeymike. Rickymike from your picture it looks like we could be in the same age group. I wonder what the ukulele demographics are. I would guess a high percentage of baby-boomers with some disposable income looking for another hobby.

ukukelley1
    Participant

The tuners are adorable! I’m another from the same age cohort or near it, I suppose. Loving this hobby. I have learned a lot and improved due largely to Andrew’s RockClass101. As B.W. Stevenson (for anyone who knows who that is) said, “May have come a long way, but I gotta long way to go.”
    Enjoy the site and interacting with good people here!
    Sheryl

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rickeymike scroll down to the bottom of the site, you’ll see the link to LP in the footer 🙂

bzediver

Thank you ukukelly1/Sheryl. Different adjectives for those tuners comes to my mind. I hadn’t considered adorable but I’ll go with that. I like that quote. I like quotes that consider time. And Stevenson’s quote is ironic in that he only lived to 38. Tells me we need to enjoy the moment more than we do.

Miztaken, I like your description of my ukulele’s color. It’s shape and color really brings to mind the pile of poo emoji.

Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.